NSF I/UCRC Center for Arthropod Management Technologies
2015 Call for Proposals
The National Science Foundation Industry-University Cooperative Research Center, the Center for Arthropod Management Technologies (CAMTech) announces a call for proposals for research projects to begin January 1, 2016.
During the review of pre-proposals submitted recently, the CAMTech Industrial Advisory Board decided that they would like to see additional pre-proposals in the areas listed below. If you are interested in responding to this call, please submit a pre-proposal addressing one or more of the selected topics by 4 PM on Monday, August 3rd, 2015.
Additional pre-proposal topics:
- Enablement of CRISPR/Cas type technology in Lep (or other) species.
- RNAi resistance in susceptible species; RNAi resistance mechanisms. Resistance development in Tribolium - if successful, then compare to CPB or other Coleopteran species.
- Bt resistance: multiple mechanisms of resistance (multiple proteins that are owned by company), or investigating general mechanisms without using Bt owned by Industry
- Biology/Ecology/Dispersal of FAW and CRW
- i5K type sequencing projects - armyworms, earworms, looper, rootworm species (Brazil/US/Argentina/S. Africa), stink bugs - global genetic diversity of key row crop pests
The CAMTech call for proposals is open to all faculty members at the CAMTech university sites (Iowa State University and University of Kentucky). Collaborative projects between faculty members at a center site with experts at other institutions are also accepted.
Funding will be considered for any allowable expenditure necessary to achieve the project goals, including but not limited to: stipends for post-doctoral research associates and graduate students, supplies and travel. Funding should be included in the budget for attendance of two CAMTech industry advisory board (IAB) meetings per year. Funding per project is limited to a maximum of $65,000 direct costs per year with funding for an initial period of 1 to 2 years.
To apply, please submit a one page executive summary using the template (attached) to email@example.com by Monday, August 3, 2015. Please use the same email address if you have any questions. Principal Investigators of the five selected pre-proposals will be notified in August and provided with a full proposal template. The deadline for submission of full proposals (totaling 4 pages in length) is Friday, September 18, 2015. Note that these full proposals will be presented in person at the CAMTech IAB meeting, to be held October 14-16, 2015, in Ames, IA at which funding recommendations will be made.
For further information about the center, please see http://camtech.ent.iastate.edu/